Honey Does This Make My Butt Look Big?
A Couple's Guide to Food and Body Talk
by Lydia Hanich, MA, LMFT
“Honey, Does This Make My Butt Look Big?”
How do couples tackle thorny questions like “Does this make me look fat?” or “Will you go on a diet with me? What would you say if your honey lost weight, but gained it back—and more?
Lydia Hanich has repeatedly encountered the frustration, confusion, and helplessness felt by many husbands and boyfriends who want to say the “right” thing, but don’t know how. Her humorous and compassionate book, “Honey Does This Make My Butt Look Big?” comes to the rescue, bringing into the open topics that are often taboo, and sometimes excruciating.
As a writer and interviewer, Lydia knows not only how discuss the painful issues—and make us laugh. Her book presents loaded questions and scenarios with corresponding “right” and “wrong” answers, and the reasons why. Lydia knows the issues that millions of women (and men) struggle with on a daily basis in the areas of body image, weight, food, exercise, intimacy, and eating disorders.
Teach your partner what to do or say in the trickiest situation:
- She says: “Quick! See that woman over there? Am I as fat as she is?”
- She looks in the mirror, grabs parts of her body, and exclaims, “I hate myself!”
- She finds a bag of junk food hidden under his side of the bed.
- She never lets you touch her _____ even in the most intimate moments.
- She’s sick or injured but won’t stop her strenuous exercise routine.
- He says: “Honey, I’m going bald! What should I do?”
Plus much more!